“Bring fresh air inside”
Air conditioning systems have been highlighted as an obvious way viruses can spread, so it is an essential and increasingly relevant area. Many in-duct units have been supplied to clear mould and fungi build up within ducting systems which caused health or odour complaints. They also allow customers to extend the periods between deep cleans of air handling units by maintaining a cleaner and healthier system.
In food production areas, keeping ducting systems clear of Listeria as well as other common contaminants is an essential requirement.
Perfect for use in occupied area
The primary function of the In-duct units is to keep the AHU (air handling system) and ducts themselves clear of contamination. eeping the ducting system clear of harmful microorganisms is not significantly impacted by air flow, and generally we would expect air being sourced for a system to be relatively clean without contaminates If units are required to treat the air flowing through the system then calculations become much more complicated, air flow is the most obvious point, however other points to consider are as below:
· What kind of air is the duct carrying (fresh air should be clear of contamination, recirculated air understandably may require treatment, but units within rooms may be a better solution)
· Duct dimensions (size and shape of duct) can impact the air speed past the units
· Duct material (aluminium, stainless steel and galvanised steel have different reflective capabilities with UV-C light)
· Air quality (air should not contain any dust, but quality of initial filtering can increase challenge)
· Age of system (older systems will be prone to greater internal contamination and air loss)
· Air temperature (our lamps are insulated against temperature changes and the protective sleeve around each lamp ensures peak efficiency)
HOW TECHNOLOGY WORKS
A combination of technologies work together
- Germicidal Irradiation by dual UV light (Ultraviolet) kills microorganisms (bacteria, viruses and mould) by disrupting their DNA and removing their reproductive capabilities.
- PCO – Photocatalytic Oxidation, UV reacts with our Catalyst (Ti02) to form highly reactive but short-lived oxidising Hydroxyl Radicals (OH) which break down Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
- Interaction of the dual UV wavebands with the TiO2 heterogeneous catalyst both creates and breaks down Oxygen molecules transforming Oxygen into a highly reactive state of Ozone and Superoxide Ions which leave the unit as “Plasma Quatro”.
- The negatively charged Superoxide Ions charge airborne contaminants causing them to cluster together and fall from the air as they become too heavy, aiding all other processes. This can remove airborne particulates down to 0.0001 microns, that’s better than any HEPA filter.
- Targeted Ozone produced via the specialist lamp gets the hardest to the hardest to reach areas breaking down contamination in the air and on exposed surfaces. Ozone damages the cell wall of microorganisms stopping reproduction and destroying the cell.